How does your work compare to theirs?
What is your appreciation of
the noticing skills,
the thinking skills,
and cognitive empathy (what is it like to be the animal in question?) exhibited by the scientists.
How did you prepare for the test?
- I payed a lot of attention during class, so I didn’t have to do extra studying
- I re-read the chapters
- I decided that I wanted quality over quantity, so I chose to right only a few chapters
- I edited the Spanish version, cutting lines that I don’t need and re-writing it once at home
What are you proud of?
- I am proud and really surprised that I got an extending for everything
- I am also proud that I only got 3 less structures than last time, because I found this book pretty difficult
- I am proud that I was able to use new variety of words, and I was able to right what I wanted
What would you do differently to prepare?
- I would try to read some books before the retell for Esperanza that emphasize on grammar
- I tried to say things, but I didn’t know how to say it with proper grammar
- I don’t have a lot of exposure with those grammar tenses, so by reading those specific books, I will automatically make sense
What did I do inside class that helped me be successful
- I payed a lot of attention when we were having a class read.
- Making sure that I asked questions when I didn’t understand a word.
What did I do outside of class that helped me be successful
- I revised the story in my head and wrote down whatever I remembered and then I saw what words needed to be corrected and which phrases can be said in a different way.
- I made pictures for all structures and make sure I understand all of them.
What are some strategies you want to try for the future
- In class: continue doing what I’m doing
- Outside of Class: continue what I’m doing